Since most of us are always online and our business is online, we often forget the importance of advertising our business offline. Print advertising can be one of the best forms of advertising for your buck. Why? Well, with print advertising it's in the form of hard copy and is always in view of your potential customers. Thats just one small example. Think about your daily newspaper...try hiding that in your email box! The following are just a few hints and ideas for you to consider before you place an offline advertising campaign.
You want to be sure to include an expiration date so that the possible customer sees that there is a limited time BUT don't make the date to end too soon. Why? You want to give an "extended expiration date" on printed material especially because for one thing printed material has a chance to "lie around" longer, it may not be the "right time" for the possible customer OR they may know of someone else that may be interested in what you're offering. Give them time to pass it on or "come back later".
-<-->>Track your ads-->>
If you have anyway of tracking your ads, use it.
A couple of ways you can do this is:
1)Have the customer email/call/mail their orders to you.
2)Have a special code they need to use to receive the special. Use a different code for each advertising campaign you use. If you don't have the ability to use coupon codes you might want to check out PayCodes.com which is a new service developed by PayPal to help you in this situation.
-<-->>Types of Ads to Generate Interest-->>
Freebies! Everyone loves freebies!
1) Offer the prospective customer a free gift with their purchase.
2) Have them email/call/mail for a free sample.
3) When you send them their free sample, send them a card for another free sample to give to a friend.
4) Have the ad offer free shipping and handling.
5) Offer a "Buy One Get One Free" Promotion.
6) Have them contact you for a free catalog.
1) Offer a discount (ex. 10%, 15%, 20% off) for their first purchase.
2) Offer one product at full price and the second ? off.
1) Have them email/call/mail you for an entry to a free contest. Use your products as the prize. (Be sure to offer an additional discount for the winner.)
* You've gain interest, now what?
Once you've had someone contact you with some interest in your business/products be sure to keep in contact back.
* First of all reply to them in a timely manner and be sure to thank them for their interest.
* Next, offer them yet another form of a discount.
* If they are requesting a free sample, free catalog, entry into a contest or any other form of interest offer them a discount of 10% off their next order.
* If you have a newsletter/ezine make sure you ask them if you can add them to your mailing list to receive announcements of discounts/specials/contests first hand.
* When you've sent off their free sample/free catalog/order/prize be sure to contact them again in a few days. Let them know that you wanted to make sure they received it and that everything was okay. Ask them for any thoughts/questions about it. Let them know that they can contact you for anything.
About the Author
Anita DeFrank a WAHM of two and co-owner of DirectSalesHelpers.com which was created specifically for those in Direct Sales. Do you find yourself asking how to make more sales? The above is only a small taste of the wealth of information available at http://www.directsaleshelpers.com. Stop on in if you're serious about your direct sales company and want to know how you can make more sales.