Whether you are an ebook author/publisher or a print book author/publisher, you can get your unique, helpful information. You'll help make other people's lives better, become a household name, gain clients, sell more books and make much more money when you design each part of your book to attract more readers.
Format and design your book's insides, front and back matter so it will sell the minute you publish.
Book Designing Check and Correct List For your Book's Front and Back Matter:
1. Put book cover in 4-color design as first page. Rather than do it yourself, hire a competent cover designer. For business books, check out MaxCovers.com. He designed four for me.
2. Create a title page after the cover with your publishing information, and copyright.
3. Make an extra testimonial page to insert right before your table of contents. Testimonials from the rich and famous, media, man/woman on the street, and happy readers convince others by their endorsement to make your book a top seller.
4. Include a list of your other books right before the table of contents to widen sales.
5. Create a table of contents (your chapter titles) and place below it your complimentary free bonus report title(s) and where to find them.
6. Put your one page sparkling "mini sales letter" introduction right after the table of contents.
7. Redesign of all fonts so your book will be easy to read. Easy to read books are the number one way to sell more books. Ordinary fonts are Arial and other sans serif fonts for the headings and Times Roman and other serif fonts for the copy.
8. Put in proper headings at the top and bottom of each page in the headers and footers. Put the title and page number at the top, and your name and Web site URL at the bottom.
9. Put the whole book in Portable Document Format PDF as well as Microsoft Word. You can edit the Word copy, and allow your customers to download the PDF file unless your offer your book via toll-free number. While PDF is not foolproof safe, it's a common form and if passed on doesn't allow they person to edit it. With your name and Web site there people know who the expert is.
10. List your products and prices at the end of the book along with a page on your coaching, speaking, or other services. You may want to add benefit-driven annotated table of contents for your other books at the end too.
When you include all these parts in your book, your increased new sales will surprise you.
Judy Cullins ?2005 All Rights Reserved.
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Judy is author of 10 eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Your Targeted Web Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell. She offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of the Month," blog Q & A at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 170 free articles.
Email her at Judy@bookcoaching.com.
Phone: 619/466-0622 -- Orders: 866/200-9743