1. Assess ? Evaluate your skills, interests and abilities. Understand the transferable value in the marketplace.
2. Translate ? Communicate your competencies and expertise through well-crafted oral and written strategies that include a quality resume, cover letter, professional statement and well-defined accomplishments.
3. Target ? Create a marketing plan that targets specific industries, markets and companies where mutual opportunities can be explored and optimum benefits realized.
4. Research ? Knowledge is power and power exudes confidence. By researching target companies, market conditions and industry concerns you can position yourself as an influential leader who can deliver results rather then an out-of- work professional who is looking for a job.
5. Apply ? Mange your activities and your time with a Project Plan that includes action steps, time-lines, and expected outcomes ? always remembering to evaluate and adjust as needed.
6. Connect - Interact with the "right" people and build a valuable and powerful professional network.
7. Transition ? Move into a career that will accommodate current needs while positioning you for future advancement.
8. Identify ? Recognize projected technology, market and industry trends to allow for pro-active change management.
9. On-going relationships building ? Always be expanding your network while cultivating and protecting existing relationships based on integrity, shared values and mutual benefits.
10. Never stop growing ? The only way to develop new skills and expand experience is to either improve the way you already do something or welcome and accept new challenges that are outside of your knowledge base.
Jeannette Kraar, president of Performance Management International is the Breakthrough Career Coach and a highly-acclaimed trainer, speaker and consultant. Hundreds of PMI clients have succeeded even in the most turbulent times. Jeannette is the author of BREAKTHROUGH, The Hate My Job, Need A Life, Can't Get No Satisfaction SOLUTION.
Learn more about the book at http://www.breakthroughcareersolutions.com
Email Jeannette at email@example.com or visit her on-line at http://www.manageyoursuccess.com