1. Get out now and walk fifteen minutes. It will get your feet moving and help you feel you are at least able to do something.
2. Go immediately and be with someone who loves you. It will give you the feeling that you are wanted.
3. Religious? Say a prayer. Ask God to help you get through this.
4. Think of a situation, a place where you were very happy. Visualize yourself in that situation once more.
5. Power of suggestion can do wonders. Say to yourself, "I think I can get better. I have to take it step by step. I will work my way out of this."
6. Go out and buy a plant, or some flowers. Having something living in your house makes you feel more alive.
7. If possible, get outside in the sunshine. If it's not possible, turn on some bright lights. Sunshine and bright light are known to make people happier.
Copyright 2004 Sharon Schurman
Sharon Schurman, http://www.depression-help-guide.com is a retired licensed clinical counselor. She has a Master's Degree in Clinical Counseling, and worked for a psychiatrist for many years. She is the author of "Personality Pitfalls of Depression" and "37 Phrases That Make People Like You."