1) Gain an idea/keep in touch of what is happening in the Internet Marketing scene (strategies, product, news).
2) Help others as well as yourself to solve a 'how to' problem whenever it crops up. This applies to the universal law of "Give before you can receive". Zig Ziglar once said, "To get what you want, help enough people to get what they want." The long-term implication is when you can show yourself as a consistent expert by continually contributing good answers whenever you can, people will remember you sooner or later. In fact, that is all some forum participants would only do as their focus.
3) Promote your product or other products with your affiliate links when you recommend solutions.
4) Create a sense of trust and bonding among fellow marketers in which real friendship can be establish over time (a sense of belonging).
5) Share and learn from others through a mutual exchange of experience.
6) Get a word-of-mouth recommendation to a proven product or service from people who have tried it instead of spending time to analyze various products on the Internet.
7) Give and receive encouragement and motivation to/from fellow marketers.
8) Participate in Joint Ventures to expand your business.
9) Give special offers (discounts, giveaways etc.) that are only available in the forum.
10) Give free products only to members of the forum.
Justin Koh & Nelson Tan are the architects behind Internet Mastery Center (http://www.internetmasterycenter.com) and Fresh Resources (http://www.freshresources.com).
You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be appreciated.