Let's get started with the emotional part!
1. Take time out. Take some time and relax. You have been through a traumatic experience. Don't worry about anything at all. Take a stroll in the park. Have an ice cream. Watch a movie. Cry if you want to.
2. Find someone you can talk to about what you feel. If you have no one to tell it to, take a piece of paper and write down everything you feel. Write down all the anger, frustrations, feelings ? everything.
3. Do not indulge in intoxicating things like drugs and alcohol. The temptation is there, I know, but do not even try to drown your sorrows. All you will be doing is masking the problem and not dealing with it.
4. Be compassionate with yourself. If you cannot do this immediately, then find another person who needs your compassion. Help a child with open a packet of crisps. Help an old lady cross a road. Anything that constitutes an act of kindness on your part will go towards restoring faith in yourself.
5. Once you can, begin to laugh. Laugh at the stupidest things if you must but laugh! In time, you will laugh at the people who caused you such harm in the first place.
Now on to the financial part ?
There are four characteristics you must have:
6. Begin with courage.
Have the courage to dream again. Do not tell anyone your dream in the beginning. Keep it to yourself. It will sustain you. Think of the one thing you want most in your life and hang on to it.
7. Plan on how to achieve this dream of yours
This takes perseverance on your part. Plan and plan your dream and how you are going to achieve it. The find people whom you think are qualified to help you. I do not mean find people who are going to encourage you ? people who are qualified!
Isn't there a saying somewhere, 'success is only 1 % luck and 99 % determination'.
Well that is true. This is YOUR dream. Not you mother's, not your father's, not your boss's, not your friends'. It's all yours and you alone can be determined about it.
9. Be compassionate.
If you hit a snag, take time out and be a little compassionate to yourself. Read motivational books. Surround yourself with people who will be of comfort to you. Learn new techniques of how to tell a story, if you want to!
10. Lastly, repeat this saying over and over again ? 'I Will Succeed ? Soon!'
Aneeta Sundararaj, a storyteller, is the creator of the bestselling program "How To Tell A Great Story". Aneeta's technique and famed "R.P.I. Principle"? has been used by many people and offers simple, cutting-edge strategies applicable universally. She is also the author of two 'traditional' books The Banana Leaf Men and Mad Heaven: the biography of Tan Sri Dato' Seri Dr. M. Mahadevan. Visit http://www.howtotellagreatstory.com to learn more.