For many people, money is like the weather ? they talk about it, but don't do anything about it. But making more money is not just about working longer hours or working harder. If your goal is to have more money, achieving it is about achieving your vision.
To achieve something extraordinary, you need to have a clear and precise vision plus a detailed plan to achieve that vision. A detailed plan includes specific goals and steps with timelines. Dreams without clearly defined goals, and goals without clearly defined steps, are rarely achieved at all.
Achievers and Non-achievers
There are four types of people in the world:
1. Drifters have no dreams, only vague hopes.
2. Pursuers have vague or generic dreams ? to have a good life, to be rich ? but no plans or time frames within which to achieve those dreams.
3. Achievers have vague dreams, but they have definite short-term goals and target dates. They pursue these vigorously and achieve them.
4. Super-achievers have big dreams that are clearly defined with detailed maps of intermediate goals and target dates. They vigorously pursue and achieve these dreams, and often revise their dreams upward.
Mapping Your Vision
If you are serious about having more money, you will need to map out your vision. This can be done in four steps:
1. Define and describe your dream or vision in writing.
2. Convert that vision or dream into a set of specific goals.
3. Convert each goal into a set of specific steps.
4. Convert each complex step into a specific set of tasks. Look through all of the task and circle the ones that you cannot achieve on your own due to your lack of know-howl, resources (time, talent or money) or certain personality traits. Then write down the specific type of person or outside resource that you need to enlist to accomplish that task.
Set target completion dates for each task, step and goal.
Other Keys To Achieving Your Vision
Keep in mind the following pointers:
1. Be flexible and realistic ? don't assign target dates that are so hard to meet that you are likely to miss them.
2. When you are falling behind schedule, ask for help or move your target dates back.
3. Writing down your vision, goals, steps and task is key. Without this road map, trying to achieve your vision will be like climbing to the roof using a ladder without rungs.
4. You can tackle one dream at a time, or start on as many as are important to you.
If you can achieve your vision, you will be able to get the money that you want.
Gordon Goh is webmaster for the free, informative website SEO Website Builder offering quality useful tips for SEO Website Builder