Why is it so important to network with other people when owning a business? Because without building those key relationships our businesses won't grow. See, most of our businesses require referrals to generate more leads and needs. So you're probably saying what are the steps in networking effectively?
1. Attend networking functions with a goal! (How many people you want to talk to.)
2. Create a 30-60 second verbal business card! (Be creative and passionate)
3. Find people that you want to learn more from! (Not your friends!)
4. Avoid long conversations just because they are comfortable. (Remember, you are there for a purpose to grow that leads list.)
5. Strive to show interest in others. (Listen, Listen, Listen)
6. Show the confidence and passion about what you do. (People will want to do business with passionate people.)
7. Avoid the ME, ME, ME concept. No one cares about you, all they care about is themselves. (Remember WIIFM)
8. Ask questions to find out their needs. (Keep it on them!)
9. Never try to close the deal at the function! (Call later to meet to discuss business)
10. Have Fun!!!!! (Be yourself!)
These 10 steps to networking effectively will be the most important part of building a strong and rewarding business.
The Group Verbal Business Card
- What's in it for them?
- Confident delivery, show the passion about what you do!
- Project your voice!
- Re-use content, but tailor it to the group and always make it fresh!
The One-on-One Verbal Business Card
- All the ideas of the group verbal business card, but you have more time to find out what they need.
- Ask questions (find out their pain)
- Listen, Listen, Listen
Bill Harnen is a Business Owner, Speaker, Trainer, Personal/Business Coach and a Stress Management Specialist.
He is the founder of Understanding Solutions, which is a training/coaching company that specializes in helping people understand themselves and others in order to develop better relationships and build more effective, accountable, profitable and cohesive teams.
Bill is an expert on the Small Business Panel of the USA Today. He was nominated for 2004 Today's Young Executive Award hosted by The Business Ledger.
He was personally trained and certified by Dr. Robert Rohm, world-renowned speaker, trainer and founder of Personality-Insights.
Bill is a sought after speaker in the field of stress management when it applies to people. He is also a member of the Candidate University, sponsored by The National Speakers Association.
For questions visit his website at http://www.understandingsolutions.com or email him at email@example.com