The Productive Environment Scorecard?
Read the statements below and rate your reactions to each pair of phrases. Decide where you rate on the scale from 1 (You rate yourself low) to 10 (You rate yourself high).
1. I waste lots of time looking for papers I need.
2. I waste lots of time looking for electronic information I need.
3. I would be terrified if I were notified or an impending audit.
4. I do not have enough space in my office.
5. I do not have a good system for managing articles/resources.
6. I do not have a systematic method for purging outdated materials.
7. I have not identified what information (email, paper and electronic files) I should keep for historical purposes.
8. I do not use my time planner (calendar, Palm, etc.) effectively.
9. I do not have a system for managing work in progress.
10. I am often late completing my projects.
11. My office does not reflect the quality of service I provide.
12. My daily life does not reflect the quality of life I want to live.
If you scored: 108-120 Congratulations! Let HPI know if you want a job! 61-107 You're on the right track, but there's room for improvement. 37-60 Disaster could be ahead if changes not made soon! 36 or less Get help immediately!
3. If you would like a free 30-minute consultation about your score, write your contact info below and fax to 919-773-0383.
NAME ________________________________________ PHONE _________________
? Barbara Hemphill is the author of Kiplinger's Taming the Paper Tiger at Work and Taming the Paper Tiger at Home and co-author of Love It or Lose It: Living Clutter-Free Forever. The mission of Hemphill Productivity Institute is to help individuals and organizations create and sustain a productive environment so they can accomplish their work and enjoy their lives. We do this by organizing space, information, and time. We can be reached at 800-427-0237 or at www.ProductiveEnvironment.com