1.?? 1-2 pages in length.
3.?? 1.5 to 2 inch margins.
4.?? Use company stationary with logo and slogan.
5.?? Avoid bright or dark-colored paper.
6.?? Center "News Release" at top.
7.?? Place a "release date" under "News Release".
8.?? On second page, type "page 2".
9.?? Use company stationary with logo and slogan on page 2.
10. Leave out "release after" date on second page, all
????? else should be the same.
11. At end of press release, type "-30-" or "# # #".
12. Include both black & white, color, and a variety of font
??? sizes (but no more than four).
13. Inverted pyramid (biggest point or major message first).
14. Straight to the point at the beginning.
15. First and second paragraphs devoted to your main
16. Secondary information comes AFTER main message.
17. No pussyfooting around, be clear up front, at the very
18. Don't go on and on.
19. In the third section, establish a connection with you.
20. Use a problem/solution format.
21. Comparing and contrasting ideas can be inside the
????? problem/solution format.
22. Be careful of your facts, spelling and grammar
23. Only one news release per e-mail or envelope.
Information to Include
24. Newsworthy information, not sales copy
25. All the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How elements.
????? Their order depends on level of importance.
26. Enticing headline which summarize the material/news.
27. Photos if available, or where they can be accessed
????? in press section of your web site.? No stock images.
28. No cover letter.
29. Don't send press release out in a mass e-mailing
30. Don't pester contacts
31. Editors will not distribute anything sloppy, difficult
????? to read, or understand.
32. Mail release by first class mail.
33. Don't use any type of labels, including your return
34. Add "PRESS RELEASE" and "Release Date:" on outside of
35. Places to send press releases: writers@[magazines];
????? writers@[newspapers]; trade journals in your industry;
????? print magazines on the topic; online agencies that
????? distribute news releases.
(c) Copyright 2004, Catherine Franz.? All rights reserved.
Catherine Franz, a Certified Professional Coach, specializes
in infoproduct development.? Newsletters and additional
articles available:? http://www.abundancecenter.com