1. They can make mistakes under your guidance
2. They will learn how to save for the future
3. They will learn that money doesn't "grow on trees"
4. They will appreciate what they have
5. They will learn to make choices and set priorities
6. They may stop nagging you for money
7. There will be less friction in your household
8. They will learn healthy financial behaviors
9. They will learn your values
10. You can teach them that it isn't all "about the money"
11. They will learn how to spend wisely
12. They will be prepared to enter the grown-up world.
13. Allowances will teach your children to be resourceful, independent and unique.
14. An allowance is a "tool to empower your children to avoid commercialism's clutches."
15. You can teach them to avoid the pitfalls of debt
16. You can help them improve their communication skills around money.
17. An allowance now could help them avoid future "marital money chaos"
18. They'll learn the difference between quantity and quality.
19. They'll learn how it feels to make a poor choice and have to live with it.
20. They'll learn how to resist impulses (sometimes, maybe!)
21. They'll learn to appreciate and take care of their things.
For help in designing an Allowance system that works for your family, please contact Cindy at 541-387-2995 or by e-mail.
(c) Phelps Creek Financial Coaching - All Rights Reserved
Cindy S. Morus (www.phelps-creek.com) is a Certified Financial Recovery Counselor specializing in showing women and their families how to achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. She is also a Certified Credit Report Reviewer and Get Clients NOW!? licensee. Contact her at 541-387-2995 or firstname.lastname@example.org She is also the publisher and editor of "Financial Fitness", an internet gazette dedicated to helping people improve their financial fitness no matter what decisions were made in the past.
Attention Ezine editors/Site owners: Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine or website as long as you leave all links in place, do not alter the content and include our resource box as listed above. If you do use the material please send us a note (email@example.com) so we can take a look. Thanks.