When you change your thoughts, you change your life. The fastest way to achieve peace and harmony is to change your thinking. In order to change your outer world you must first change your inner world. Your thoughts dictate your behavior, and when you change your thought patterns, you will be changing your behavioral patterns as well. Altering your behavior will change the course of your life. Here are 5 simple ways to achieve peace and harmony.
1. Observe Your Internal Chatter. If you find your thoughts are negative or limiting, stop and replace those thoughts with positive ones. Your internal chatter is a good forecast to the direction your life is headed. Meditation is a good way to clear that negative chatter, and assist you in changing your thought process.
2. Say What You Mean, and Mean What You Say. Healthy communication is a key element in keeping peace and harmony in your life. Good communication eliminates being misunderstood, and prevents stressful situations. Saying what you mean not only gives you a sense of peace, you also earn the respect from others when they know you are true to your word.
3. Focus on the Positive Not the Negative. Turn negative situations into positive ones. Everything happens for a purpose and a reason. Instead of complaining, and feeling wounded after a negative situation, stop and think about how you can change it into a positive one. Remember, you attract what you dwell on; positive attracts positive, and negativity attracts negativity. If your thoughts are negative and victimizing, you will attract exactly that into your life. What are your thoughts attracting?
4. Practice Guided Visualization. This technique involves sitting comfortably, and listening to a tape or an instructor who guides you through a relaxing scenario. The setting is calm, tranquil, and peaceful allowing your mind and body to connect. You can create what you visualize, and with the aid of your subconscious mind, the possibilities are limitless!
5. Get Organized. Organizing your surroundings, and managing your time wisely helps give you a clear head for making wise choices. Your choices are dependent on your thoughts that precede it. How can you make a wise decision if your thoughts are cluttered and unorganized? Start organizing your life now, and see how fast you can change your life.
Thoughts are powerful, after all, everything ever created started with a thought. You are creating your tomorrow with the thoughts you have today. Taking control of your thoughts will give you a sense of stability, and with that stability brings peace and harmony.
About The Author
Marla Sloane Ph.D. is a successful author and speaker. Her Daily Positive Affirmations subscribers have reached world-wide proportions, and her book, "The Masks We Wear and How to Live Without Them" is at the heart of her teleclasses; Live Your Best Life. Marla has also produced, Trilogy of Meditations, for your Mind, Body, and Spirit, which is distributed nationwide, and in Europe. You can visit her web site at: www.marlasloane.com.