600g white bread (I recommend baguette or any other kind of white bread with a lot of rind)
600g Swiss cheese (e.g. Freiburger, Appenzeller, or Greyezer)
3dl white wine
1 peeled garlic clove
a bit pepper, paprika, nutmeg
1. Cut the white bread into small cubes
2. Grind the cheese and put it into your Fondue Pan
3. Now mix the white wine with the cornstarch and pour to the grinded cheese. Cook it with low heat. It is important to stir regularly.
4. Put the peeled garlic clove into the Fondue Pan
5. Spice it with pepper, paprika, and nutmeg Cook the Fondue with a Fondue Burner at the table.
Now you can enjoy your Swiss Fondue. Use Fondue Forks to stir with the cubed white bread.
Long stocked cheese suits better for Swiss Fondue.
You can pour more white wine into the Fondue when eating. The Fondue will stay viscid longer.
The crust, which remains at the end of every Fondue is known as a delicacy among Fondue connoiseurs.
I recommend to drink tea or red wine to enjoy a perfect Swiss Fondue.
En Guete! (Enjoy your meal)
A recommended source for quality Cookware and Bakeware: Cookware & Bakeware Kitchen Store . You will find top quality Cookware and Bakeware from all around the world to the lowest prices on the web.
Sandra Spielmann is the owner of an online Kitchen Store and loves to cook. All articles can be used and reprinted as long as you include all the links that are in the articles.