This will make some people angry as hell, but it's time to debunk the myth of 'Time Management' while sharing the real secret of the super successful.
Let's face it, many so called "business gurus" tell us to 'manage time better' or to become 'ruthless with time' if we want to achieve their level of success.
You cannot manage time itself. It continues along happily doing its thing, whatever you do.
I read countless systems on 'time management' and the majority take so long to implement and keep track of, you get even less done than you did before!
If it's impossible to manage time then manage your actions instead. This is the key to launching new projects, completing existing ones and to at least doubling your current profits without having to do any more work.
Self-improvement guru, Tony Robbins, said "Action is destiny." He's spot on. If you start managing your actions, the impact on what you get done will amaze you.
*** Your 5 Simple Steps To Action Management ***
(1) Write down a master list of actions you need to do which directly lead to income generation.
- I suggest having at least 6 items on your daily action list. Write this up the day before you use it. Depending on how many of these you complete determines whether you need to add more items to the list or whether you need to break the items down into smaller chunks instead.
(2) Set aside between 1 and 5 'Prime Action Hours' every day where you will do nothing except the most important income generating activities. Refer to your master list and immediately cross each item out once it's done.
- During your prime action hours you do NOT: take phone calls, check your email, break for meetings, chat with fellow office workers or read the mail. You need to get current outside distractions to support your new routine. If you run a home office get agreement from your family to only interrupt you in an emergency during your prime action hours.
(3) Get Yourself a Timer and set it to 50 or 55 minutes.
You work without distractions for this long during each prime action hour.
- This gives you more efficiency by making you accountable for what you do in each prime action hour. It also lets you know when to take an important quick break.
(4) Carry a pen and paper or a voice recorder with you during your breaks between any prime action hours.
- During the breaks you'll find new ideas, thoughts and strategies will surface in your mind. The brain often makes new connections as you relax after a very focused session. Make sure you jot them down to record them. You'll find them invaluable. Don't neglect to do this, an unrecorded idea is usually lost forever.
(5) Set yourself a weekly income target. When you reach it, reward yourself how you like. You don't need to do any more prime action hours for the rest of the week. Revise your weekly income target upwards at least every 90 days.
- Having a weekly target gives your prime action hours a specific goal to achieve. Purpose is the most important ingredient when it comes to action.
Remember you need to concentrate on other aspects of business like meetings, staff interaction, emails and phone calls etc. In some businesses it's realistic to do a maximum of five prime action hours each day without impacting too much on the other necessary parts of the business.
Some people will only manage one prime action hour each day. That's okay. Over a year this will still amount to an enormous difference in income generation.
Don't make the mistake of dismissing or forgetting what you just read. There's real power in this quick and easy 5 step action management system.
In fact I urge you to start right now. Get out a piece of paper and write down your master list for tomorrow. It doesn't matter if you can only manage one prime action hour to start with. You can increase the number as you create more focus for yourself.
You can also get your hands on an excellent CD today which will give you the correct action mindsets of the super wealthy. These insights will enable you to use this action management system to your full potential.
This wonderful resource is by Mike Litman, the No 1 best selling author of "Conversations with Millionaires".
Here's the best part, it's currently still free. (there's only a small shipping charge to cover)
Warning: I do feel Mike starts the CD with a little too much motivational hyping, however what followed blew me away. I consider these insider tips from the super wealthy equal to pure gold when it comes to kick starting yourself and your business.
Obviously Mike won't continue giving his CD away forever so I strongly advise you to get it now to avoid having to pay for it in the future.
Grab it from here -> http://www.greatness-held-hostage.com
It gets my highest recommendation.
Copyright 2004 Clifford Mee
About The Author
Clifford Mee is an author, internet marketer, hypnotist and success life coach. If you want to discover little known 'battle tested' strategies to persuade more customers to spend more money more frequently, then please visit his main website at http://www.marketingpersuasion.com