With today's technology and people's need for more information it is no wonder that online banking is growing as one of the most popular uses of the internet. Here we have listed the 10 biggest benefits to start using online banking.
1. You won't have to wait online and rush to meet the bank's hours.
2. Bill Pay - Up to the last minute. Most banks process payments in real time so you no longer have put the payment in the mail 7 days before the due date. (Check with your bank as some still have a mail date). For instance, if you want to automatically have your rent withdrawn from your account each month on the 1st, most banks have a recurring feature at no additional cost. Online bill paying will also save you a ton in checks and stamps.
3. Transfer Funds ? What do you do if you need cash from your savings to your checking account and the bank is closed? Now you can simply log in online and transfer funds. Some Canadian banks even have an email money transfer option.
4. Export Information ? With online banking it makes tracking your finances even simpler. With the click of a button your bookkeeper can now download transactions right into your financial software.
5. Statements ? It used to be that you didn't receive your bank statement for 2 to 3 weeks after the month ended. With online banking you can print your statement right after the cutoff date.
6. Security ? Most banks with protect you against fraud. Your web browser encrypts the data and you have a special password that you can change as often as you wish. So you have as much chance of someone stealing your checkbook.
7. Previous Transactions ? Most online banks allow you to view your previous transactions for up to six months or longer. This is a lot easier than going to the filing cabinet and sifting thru mounds of statements just to see how much you payed the plumber?
8. View Checks and Deposits ? Should you forget what check number xxx was for, some banks allow you to view the check copy right online.
9. View Multiple Accounts ? Most banks will list all your accounts including checking, savings, loans, and credit cards all on one screen allowing you more control over your money.
10. Save money ? with the convenience of online banking you can quickly conduct your finances and get back to running your business.
So check with your bank on how you can enjoy all the benefits of online banking. It only takes a few moments to sign up.
Raquel Morphy owner of RM Business Solutions has successfully helped many of her virtual bookkeeping clients utilize the benefit of online banking in order to provide them with real time financial information.
For more information on virtual bookkeeping please visit http://www.rmbizsolutions.com or contact Raquel directly at email@example.com