1. Examine everything in your office from the view of a new client! If necessary, spruce it up. Does it need new plants, better music or an aquarium? Make it as warm, comfortable and inviting as possible.
2. Replace old magazines in your waiting area with articles and handouts your clients will use and take with them. Make it easy for clients to say good things about you!
3. Contact 3 former clients to see how they are doing.
4. Contact 3 recent referral sources and thank them! Send flowers, a card, take them to lunch. Even a phone call expressing your appreciation can do wonders.
5. Consider re-doing your business card. Does it "talk" to clients and referral sources?
6. Buy a year-at-a-glance wall calendar and begin planning your marketing and business strategies for next year.
7. Make sure every client leaves every session with a firm handshake, a warm smile and a sincere "Thank you!"
8. Spend 10 minutes every day thinking about your ideal client/patient and clarifying exactly what you do that adds value for them. How do you help them? Is there more you could do? What else do they need/want from you as a professional?
9. Re-define and clarify your statement of what you do. Then practice saying it! This week tell 5 friends, neighbors, or strangers that you want more clients.
10. Take wonderful care of yourself. A healthy, balanced life is extremely attractive. Be sure your clients can look to you as an example of what you mean by health! Approach every session with energy and complete concentration.
? Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: http://www.philiphumbert.com