Orlando is calling to you and your family to come and visit! You have been putting it off long enough, finally it is time to give into the urge to come to the sunshine state and enjoy the many attractions that Orlando has to offer! Orlando houses Disney World of course, one of the main attractions that makes you want to come. So where should you stay and how close to the huge theme park do you really want to be?
Here are a few tips in finding lodging and how far you should go to make your family vacation one that you will remember forever.
Where to stay:
* Trade in the old hotel rooms that are too cramped without enough room for you and your kids to have some breathing room. Instead, rent a villa that is so close to the park you'll feel like you know your way around in no time.
* Only a few miles from the Disney attractions, vacation villas are perfect for families big or small, with any size villa available for the perfect lodging amount for your family!
* You think hotels are the way to go because they have pools and housekeeping? Welcome to the world of villa resorts ? where you basically live in a house for your stay, have the accommodations of a hotel with housekeeping, restaurants, pools, sports activities and more. No need to fuss, and the best part is that in a villa, you have as much space as you would at home! What more could you want?
Why is it good to be close to Disney?
* You won't be the only one frequenting the Disney attractions, everyone else visiting Orlando will be on their way to the theme park at the same time as you are. This means traffic and anxious kids in the car ready to get to their destination. The solution? Stay somewhere that is close to the Disney attractions, but still comfortable. The vacation villas will allow you to get Disney easily and quickly without having to go through as much traffic as others who will stay in hotels and motels on a tourist strip of restaurants and fast food chains.
* Disney is close to many other main roads that are essential when traveling to other parts of Florida. If you have a day planned for the beach, want to explore the Kennedy Space Center, or experience the Florida Everglades, being close to Disney World also makes you close to convenient roads that will get you where you want to go with no confusion and hassle.
* Many times, when you stay close to Disney, the deals, discounts, and special prices are a lot easier to get and are offered more frequently. When you stay at an Orlando villa, a Kissimmee villa, or a Davenport villa you can easily hope for a good deal to come your way whether it be on prices of lodging or prices of attraction tickets.
* It's fun! Usually Disney is the main reason why you and your family want to be here, so why not treat yourself and stay close to the hot spot?! Enjoy being in a place that is close to the action so when you get home late at night, you aren't more exhausted from the long drive, but can make it back to your villa quickly and easily.
Other tips to know when staying in a villa close to Disney World:
* Be careful of the tourist traps (and this is for anywhere you go in Orlando). Trinket shops, grocery stores, gas stations, and even restaurants can easily hike up the prices when they know you are coming to spend money on vacation. Though you cannot avoid this completely, you can be aware and not spend your money all in one place. Make sure souvenirs you buy are not just cheap look-a-likes of the real thing and avoid the many gift shops lining the strips leading up to Disney World. Be aware of your spending!
* See Disney fireworks from your villa! If you decide not to stay until the parks close to see the fireworks, you can see them from many places outside the parks. Depending on the level of your villa and the place where it is located, you can see the bight fireworks in the distance. Sometimes it is just as fun to sit and watch from a far in the comfort away from crowds as it is actually being there. Ask the information desk at the villa resort for advice on where to see the fireworks and when they usually begin.
* Ask around for short cuts! Many Floridians know shortcuts that get them around the traffic that builds up as you enter the parks, so these shortcuts do exist! Don't be afraid to ask the informational desk at your vacation villa resort and they most likely will be able to tell you an easier way that is less traveled, but be willing to experiment and be open to having to find your own way!
* Take a day off! Just because you are staying close to Disney World doesn't mean you have to go there everyday of your vacation. Take a couple days in between long days at the attractions to enjoy relaxing by the pool, playing sports, or hanging out in your villa. Though the kids will have a ball at the theme parks and never forget their experience, sometimes they can enjoy themselves just as much by playing in the pool for the day. Many times this relieves you of the responsibility of trying to make sure everyone has a great time.
* Take a shuttle! You may have rented a car and assume that because you are so close the theme parks, that you should drive, but many of the vacation villa resorts have a shuttle to Disney World for you. Though some days you may want more of an option to go around where you want, other days taking the shuttle allows you to be more relaxed and puts the pressure on someone else! You are close to the park and it shouldn't take long to get there and back. Check with the driver about return times and places.
Since you are going to be visiting the Disney World theme parks so often and will be so close by for a convenient stay, make sure to use this checklist when packing for your vacation villa in Orlando, Kissimmee, or Davenport, Florida!
Checklist for your Orlando villa vacation:
* Lots of sunscreen! Even when the sky gets cloudy you can get burned!
* An umbrella or ponchos for Orlando's tendency to rain for an hour or so in the afternoons.
* Water! Bring water bottles in a bag with you to Disney or make sure to buy some there so as not to get dehydrated while walking around in the Florida sun.
* A small pad of paper or a signature book for the autographs of Disney characters.
* Snacks for when you are leaving for or returning from the theme parks to either keep with you in the car for hungry kids or in the kitchen at your villa.
* A good attitude to have a total blast in Orlando! With a villa as your "home away from home" who couldn't have the attitude of an angel? Enjoy!
Orlando florida lodging expert