Many small businesses have the misconception that their business can not benefit from a website; that websites are too expensive or that because they don't use a computer neither do their potential clients. Here are 7 reasons why your small business NEEDS a website:
1. A web site lends credibility to your small business. Consumers expect businesses to have a web site and more and more consumers are turning to the internet to research a business service or product before purchasing. If you don't have a web site you could be losing out to the competition. Even if you operate your business out of your home, a web site can help give your business a professional image.
2. Web sites are a cost effective venue for promoting your business. Many small business owners are afraid that web sites cost too much money. This is just not true ? a professionally designed web site can cost less than $100/ month. Considering you have the opportunity to reach millions of potential customers this is a cost effective method to reach your target market.
3. Web sites allow businesses to update information about their products and services quickly and easily and a web site is an effect way to communicate your schedules, events, promotions, and product and service support to your customers. It is easy to direct clients to your web site for frequently requested information like directions, payment terms or product support. Brochures, flyers and other print advertising can easily become outdated, but your web site can always carry your most up-to date information.
4. Web sites are open 24/7 365 days a year. Your customers (or potential customers) can learn about your products and services at their leisure. With the busy lifestyles most people lead, the convenience of a web site is a huge selling point when making purchase decisions.
5. Your web site (eCommerce) can act as a second location to sell your products/services. If you are a retailer, a web site gives you the opportunity to sell your products and in some cases your services to a GLOBAL market. Sometimes businesses think that their products or services won't sell online but remember people are buying cars and even houses online!
6. A Web site allows your business to showcase your work. Include image gallery or portfolio or even include testimonials about your work. Regardless what your business does you can demonstrate what makes your business special.
7. Use your web site as a tool to share information with your clients through value added services. Perhaps you own a landscape company; you can provide value added information such as bulb planting tips, or environmentally friendly ways to deal with pests.
? 2004-2005 Tanya Beaudoin o/a Office on Demand, All rights reserved. You are free to use this article in its entirety, as long as you include complete attribution, including live web site link. Please also notify Mrs. Beaudoin as to where the material will appear. The attribution should read:
"Tanya Beaudoin, B.A. is a virtual assistant who specializes in e-solutions (including graphic and and web site design) and administrative support for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
Please visit Tanya's web site at http://www.officeondemand.ca for additional business related articles"