I personally lost 60 pounds in 2003. Here are some tactics I used to lose the weight:
1) Steamed instead of fried
2) Brown rice instead of white rice
3) Wheat bread instead of white bread
4) Sauce and dressing on the side. Dip your fork into the sauce first then into the food.
5) At dinner exchange the potato or other carbohydrates with extra veggies
6) No oil
7) Do not feel like you need to eat the entire meal. Plan on bringing a doggie bag home.
8) Drink two glasses of what before your meal and another 2-3 during your meal
9) No soda
10) Hold the mayo and cheese
Dr. Jeffrey Banas is a Chiropractic Sports Physician, practicing in Mesa; AZ. Dr. Banas personally lost 60 pounds in 2003 and now uses his experience to help others struggling with their weight problems. Dr. Banas can be reached at his office at 480-633-6837, or by visiting his web site at www.personal-weight-loss-help.com