Are you a reluctant marketer for your book? Do you avoid the social and selling aspects of self-publishing and promotion?
Discover the easy and free way to promote your book. It's still the number one top way--writing and submitting articles to other ezines and Web sites.
Getting Started Tips to Create your Selling Articles
1. Use your non-fiction book's chapter how to's or your fiction's juicy chapter excerpts.
2. Keep your articles around 200-800 words each.
3. Keep your article focused on just one thesis or point.
4. Create a hook for your two or three-sentence introduction. Notice this one asked you a few questions to engage you.
5. Forget the old school of writing for print magazines and getting paid. Follow the Internet way-- give your article away like Mrs. Field cookie samples, so people will want to visit the site where you sell your book.
6. Keep yourself out of it. Your audience wants to know what you can do for them. Replace those "I" constructions with "you."
"If you are like me...."
7. Number the main points for clarity. People love easy to read tips.
8. Collect ten well-edited articles before you blast off. Online readers will look at your more seriously when they see you offer more than one quick thing. They will see you as the savvy expert and click to where you sell your book.
9. Leverage one article into five. Change your audience. Change your number of how to's. Three Tips to... or Five Tips... or The Two Best Ways to....
10. Remember free information is the reason people go to Web sites, so put your articles there as well as in a blog.
Once you get dozens of short articles or excerpts out to no spam ezines or top web sites n your field, you will notice the search engines optimizing your site because they see your important key words that link you, your book, or your service together. Your submitted articles lead to the magic of "viral marketing." The thing is that this is attraction, natural marketing at its best.
Judy Cullins ?2005 All Rights Reserved.
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Judy is author of 10 eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Your Targeted Web Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell. She offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of the Month," blog Q & A at http://www.bookcoaching.com and over 185 free articles.
Email her at Judy@bookcoaching.com
Phone: 619/466-0622 -- Orders: 866/200-9743