After you've spent countless hours creating and publishing your own newsletter online, you still have to consider the fact that merely adding it to your website will not make it an overnight success.
You need to attract subscribers. There are several fairly easy ways to accomplish this goal.
1) Add your ezine details to every directory listing you can find online. There are a number of comprehensive websites devoted primarily to publishing ezine information. One list is published on this website - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12836.asp
2) Offer subscribers something free in return for their subscription to your ezine. This could be a free report, a free advertisement in a future issue of your publication, a free ebook, etc...
3) Submit the details of your new ezine to as all related Announcement Lists. Depending upon your content, you may find a helpful list on this page - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12838.asp
4) Talk about your latest endeavor in online forums related to your ezine topic. You can find various lists of forums by searching Google, Yahoo or Dogpile.
5) Reward subscribers for referring new subscribers. Again this can be in the form of a free advertisement for each person they recommend to your ezine (who actually becomes a subscriber.)
Remember that you definitely have competition for readership. There are probably plenty of newsletters online, which are similar to yours. You have to make it stand out from the crowd. Make it different, more appealing, more informative, etc...
Best of luck to you!
Resource Box - ? Danielle Hollister (2004) is the Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8364.asp