I sat here this morning, and decided to work out exactly how much time I use on creating my weekly ezine, and I almost kinda shocked myself. I`m not the ONLY publisher who refuses to automate, so please, after reading my hours, spare a kind thought for all those other publishers out there that do everything manually, and who really take the time to get down to a personal level with their subscribers.
Typical daily hours for me as an ezine publisher
- Reading other ezines/newsletters: About 4 hours per day.
- Looking for the right content: 5-6 hours per day
- Checking email other than newsletters: 5 hours per day
- Getting rid of junkmail: 3 hours per day
- Staying in touch with other publishers, website owners etc.: 3 hours per day
- Working on learning html: 2-3 hours pr day
- Updating ezine, ads and slot-ads with Rich, my programmer: 6 hours per day (with about 10 hours "allsorts" chat too)
- Looking in forums for things of interest: 1-2 hours per day
- Reviewing articles for possible publication: 3-4 hours per day
- Chatting on msn and yahoo messengers, whilst looking for more ideas and helping people: 12 hours per day
- Promoting ezine: At LEAST 4 hours per day (including submitting my own articles)
That 53 hours per day. Thank my lucky starts I`m great at mutli-tasking...hehehe
Remember, a lot of us do this to bring you information that we hope will help you in some way or other, and I know how much it brightens up my day when I get a mail saying "Great issue, Anna, Keep up the good work!" So I`m guessing a lot of other ezine owners would really appreciate something like that.
Putting out an ezine is a LOT more than just slapping together a couple of articles and a bunch of ads in an email, or on a website. I know there`s a lot of that going around too (I DO actually get tons of those ones in my mailbax daily too), so if you`re subscribed to a great ezine, take the time to let the publisher know, vote for them, recommend them to your friends, most importantly: Give Them Your Feedback!!
At the same time, if there`s something you DON`T like, let them know that too. Without subscriber feedback, we`re basically just poking around in the dark, hoping that we are giving people what they want. We are there for you, please be there for us.
Avoid scams, shams and spam with Not Just Another Ezine!
Full of free downloads, ebooks and information to maximize
your time online. Subscribe free! http://annamarketing.com
This article is available for reprint in your opt-in ezine,
web site or ebook. You MUST agree not to make any changes
to the article and the RESOURCE BOX MUST be included.
(c) 2002 - 2004 AnnaMarketing.com. All Rights Reserved