ArticlesHome Improvement

Is YOUR Home A Safe Home?

read ( words)

Do you or one of your family members suffer from allergies, asthma, add/adhd Heart disease, cancer, or respitory problems? It could be from the toxins in your home! Did you know that there are more Toxins in your home than in the outside air? Chances are, the cleaning products And hygienic products you use are making you and your family sick.

In the past 10 years, there has been a 42% increase in asthma (29% for men; 82% for women - the higher rate for women is believed to be due to women's longer exposure times to household chemicals) (Source: Center for Disease Control)

So, what are some of these products, and what makes them so harmful?

Lysol is a registered PESTICIDE ? (think about that the next time you spray It indoors in the middle of winter with the windows and doors tightly closed)

Johnon's and Johnson's baby shampoo contains formaldehyde (used for embalming). It also contains an ingredient called Lydacaine, which NUMBS the nerve endings ? Hence the 'no more tears' slogan. (I don't know about you, but numbing my kids Nerve ending does not sound very safe to me)

Dawn dish detergent is the #1 cause of accidental poisonings in children.

The top 12 cancer causing products in the average home include the following:

  • Johnson and Johnson Baby Powder with Talc
  • Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste
  • VO5 Hair Conditioner
  • Clairol Nice N Easy Hair Color
  • AJAX Cleanser
  • Lysol Disinfectant
    • Over the last 20-30 years, as more toxic chemicals have been introduced in greater amounts, the level of toxins stored in our bodies has risen. Bio-accumulation studies have shown that some toxins store in our bodies for life. Greater and greater amounts are being stored at younger ages. Diseases that used to occur later in life are now appearing at younger ages. Disease that used to be rare are more frequent. For example:

      ? There has been a 28% increase in childhood cancer since the addition of pesticides into household products (Source: National Cancer Institute)

      Try this experiment:

      Take some Cascade Liquid dishwasher detergent, and pour some onto a Piece of tin foil. Wait about 2 hours or less. The result? It will have burned A hole right through the foil!

      It is my personal goal to bring awareness and convert every North American Household to more natural, safer products!

      After learning this information, it was a very easy decision to convert my home. I did not want to put my family at risk any longer.

      PLEASE, make the decision today to convert your home ? let's stop poisoning Our children! If you would like more information on how to make your home Safer for you and your family, email me at with "Show me" in the subject line.

      About The Author

      Maryanne Fitzgerald is the publisher of "Mom's World" Providing the tools and resources you need to balance working at home with raising a family. To subscribe, visit;

      Rate this article
      Current Rating 0 stars (0 ratings)
      Click the star above that marks your rating