Have you ever joined a program that seems to be working for everyone else but you?
Is your drop-out rate just as fast as your sign-up rate?
Do you wonder why is it that you are not doing as well as the others? Well Your problem stems from one of two things or a combination of both.You do not have the backbone support of your upline.You do not provide a backbone support for YOUR downline.
Affiliate Marketing is not about who can get the most persons in their downline - it is who can get the most productive, goal-oriented persons in their downline.
Having been through the rigours of starting an internet home business myself, I came to realise that I was not being properly motivated. I had to do my own research and experiments to get to where I am today.
Yes, I did get messages from my upline, but those were the generic messages set by the system. These people had no creativity. Do you really think they were interested in making money??
I certainly don't. But I am also guilty of this. That's what I did when I started my first couple programs. Needless to say, I failed! That's why I am qualified today to tell you what will work when you are starting a home business in which a downline is required.
Here are some tips to help you keep and expand your downline.
1. Send a personal welcome to each of your downline members. Let them know where to find training tools and make yourself available to help them get started on the right path.
2. Make sure each individual understands the program that they've signed up for. You can't effectively sell what you don't know about. Explain what they are uncertain about.
3. Remember that you are dealing with humans - you each have the same goals - to make money. Show them the benefits of being a part of your team. Give them your contact email address - let them know their sponsor is a real person - like them.
4. Teach them to duplicate what you've done. The big ssh ssh secret in affiliate marketing and downline building is not how many people you can recruit - it is how well you can motivate your team to duplicate your efforts. Bottom line - you will never be successful if your team isn't.
5. Make them feel wanted. Let them know your recruitment "secrets". Create a chain effect by having them pass that information onto their downline. Keep them motivated by sharing info on e-books, resources or tips that you've found to be successful. Ask for their ideas for making the team stronger. If you have a website, provide a discussion board so your downline can meet and share tips, even brain-storm.
6. Remember - everyone is not the same. You may have a member in your team who may not be as successful in recruiting and training as the others. Do not let them fail!. Even if it means doing it for them.
Your hard work will be reflected in your commission check(s). That particular member might be going throught a rough time at the moment. I'm not telling you to enquire, but chances are they will pick themselves up and be more motivated to continue if they are aware that the "team" [to coin a phrase] " has their back".
7. If you are not good at following up or contacting persons, there are many systems on the market that will do this for you. Each individual is different - you may not be very adept at public speaking or keeping in contact with your downlines. If you are such a person, try to find a system that can easily automate these tasks for you. That is - if your primary program does not offer such a system.
To sum this article up. Always, ALWAYS - treat your downline members as your business partners. That's what they really are. For your partnership to be successful, you need to build a personal relationship with them. Let them know you can be contacted for advice on any aspect of the business.You are only as good as your team. Your success is dependent on the teams' effort.
Handle your downline with care!
About The Author
Tricia Gibson is an Affiliate Marketer with over 5 years experience. She is the Editor of Tagteambiz Ezine which tells the secrets of how to recruit and build successful downlines, choosing the right home business, Get FREE advice, ebooks, articles etc. http://www.tagteambiz.com