If you are having company and want to make something easy but really flavorful, try this chicken Marsala recipe. This is my favorite way to eat chicken for a few different reasons. First, I love how tender it comes out. If you really pound your chicken breasts nice and thin, it will result in unbelievable tenderness. Second, the flavors of this recipe are perfection. The sauce made with wine, butter, and chicken broth cannot be beat. Third, I love how quick and easy it is to prepare! If you are having it with rice and vegetables, be sure to start them first, because once you start cooking, this chicken will be done in about 15 minutes.
Here is what you will need:
2-3 Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Marjoram
? Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Butter
2 4oz. Cans Sliced Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Sliced Green Onions
1 ? Cups Chicken Broth
1/3 Cup White Wine
1. Mix together flour, marjoram, and salt. Pat chicken breasts into the mixture on each side to coat. Shake off any extra.
2. In a Large Frying Pan (preferably with deep sides) heat 1 Tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and green onion. Saut? for 5-10 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the other 3 Tablespoons of butter to the pan. Brown chicken on each side over medium heat (about 4-5 minutes per side).
4. Pour mushroom mixture back into the frying pan. Add chicken broth and white wine.
5. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to let the flavors mix together.
I think this recipe is best served with some white rice and a steamed vegetable. You can spoon the sauce over the chicken and over the rice as well. If you need to let the chicken simmer on the stove a little longer than 10-15 minutes ? don't worry ? this recipe is very forgiving and it won't ruin the taste or tenderness. Just make sure you turn the heat down as low as possible for that period of time.
Stacy Tabb is a successful internet publisher. She loves to enjoy food and a good glass of wine with friends. Her Gourmet Foods and Gifts website is a source for gourmet products, recipes, and information.