Now that Satan, all of his fallen angels and all of unsaved humanity have been cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, there is only one thing left. God will now give the rest of saved humanity their final reward - the new heaven and the new earth. Believe it or not, this is actually going to be better than what we will get during the Millennium Kingdom. This will be our final abode and something very awesome happens when we get this new heaven and new earth.
When we get the 1000 year Millennium Kingdom, we get Jesus literally coming down from heaven to rule our earth from the city of Jerusalem. When we get the new heaven and the new earth - WE WILL GET GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF LITERALLY COMING DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO OUR NEW EARTH AND NEW HEAVEN TO DWELL AND LIVE AMONG US FOREVER AND EVER! We will now have both Jesus and God the Father dwelling among us. Here is what basically is going to happen.
1. Our earth and our atmospheric heaven will "pass away." In its place, we will get a new earth and a new atmospheric heaven.
2. There will no longer be any seas. 2/3 of the earth is water. With all the sea waters being taken out, we will have more land space in which to accommodate everyone.
3. There will no longer be any night. It will be daylight all the time. There will no longer be any sun or moon to shine their light. The Bible says we no longer have need of the sun or moon because the glory of God will illuminate the earth!
4. There will no longer be any more death in any way, shape or form. The curse of Adam and Eve will have finally been broken and done away with. In the Millennium Kingdom, as good as it is going to be, there is still physical death for those humans who survive the Tribulation and enter into it physically.
In addition to "death" in any form being taken out, there will also be no more pain since we will all have spiritual glorified bodies. The Bible says that all sorrow, pain, crying and death will be taken away. Every tear will be wiped away.
5. All things will be made new. I don't think our imaginations can even begin to imagine what this verse is telling us just in that one statement.
6. God the Father Himself will now come onto our earth to live and dwell with us forever and ever.
The Bible says that we will no longer need the temple that is in Jerusalem in the Millennium Kingdom. The Bible says that both God the Father and Jesus Christ will now be the Temple of God Themselves!
The Bible says that the tabernacle of God will now be with men, that we will dwell with Him, that we will be His people and He will be our God forever and ever.
7. In the Millennium Kingdom, Jesus will rule this earth from the city of Jerusalem. It will be God's capital. However, in the New Heaven and New Earth, we will get a New Jerusalem.
The Bible says that this new city will be like a square. It's length will be as great as its width. Bible Scholars feel that this city may literally be 1500 miles wide. It will be huge!
This new city of Jerusalem will literally descend down from Heaven itself - it comes directly from God to us on this new earth. The Bible says that its walls are constructed of jasper and the city will be pure gold like clear glass. It says that the foundations of the walls will be adorned with all kinds of precious stones - the first foundation being jasper, the second foundation being sapphire, the third foundation being chalcedony and the fourth foundation being emerald, etc. The Bible goes on to state that there are apparently 12 of these foundations and each foundation is made with a different beautiful element. This is all described in Revelations 21:19-20.
There will be 12 gates with each of the gates being made of pearl. The streets of this city will be pure gold. Each of the 12 gates will have an angel on it. There will 3 gates each to the north, south, east and west.
Since all of the bad people have been taken out, there will be nothing left that will enter this holy city that will defile it or cause any type of abomination in it. The gates to this city will always be open for all to enter in at anytime.
Now here are the Scripture verses specifically telling us all of this.
The Scripture Verses
1. This first verse tells us that our earth and our heaven as we know it now will "pass away," and in its place we get a new heaven and a new earth. This verse also tells us that there will no more sea in this new earth. Here it is:
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea." (Revelations 21:1)
2. This next verse tells us that the tabernacle of God will come down from heaven onto this new earth and that God Himself will dwell with us - that He will be our God and that we will be His people. This next verse also tells us that God will wipe away every tear, that there will be no more death, sorrow, crying or pain and that He will be making all things brand new! Here it is:
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelations 21:3-5)
3. This next verse tells us that there will be no more temple - that God and Jesus will be the temple Themselves. It also tells us that we will no longer have the sun or moon because God Himself will illuminate the earth with His glory. It also says there will be no more night and that the gates of the new city of Jerusalem will always be open to all the nations and that nothing that could possibly defile it will ever enter into it. Here it is:
"But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its Temple. And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and the Lamb its light.
And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life." (Revelations 21: 22-27)
4. This next verse also tells us that there will be no more curse from Adam and Eve and once again states that there will be no more night. It says that we shall see the face of at least Jesus and possibly God Himself and that we shall reign with God and Jesus forever.
"And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever." (Revelations 22:3-5)
5. Now here are the verses about the new city of Jerusalem and what it will be like.
"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelations 21:2)
"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. And her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. And she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. And the city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as its breadth ... And the construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." (Revelations 21:10-21).
As bad as things are going to get in the future, and possibly in the near future for all of us, each Christian has to keep his eyes on the final end. We first get 1000 years of perfect peace in the Millennium Kingdom with Jesus as the sole supreme ruler of this earth, and then the final ultimate end with the creation of a brand new heaven and a brand new earth, with God the Father Himself coming down to live and dwell with all of us forever and ever.
This new earth and new heaven is going to be beyond anything that our imaginations can even begin to conjure up. The above Scripture verses only give us a partial vision and partial knowledge of what we are all going to end up with in this new environment.
One of the most amazing things about the Bible is all of the knowledge and information that is contained in it telling us what is in store for all of us in the future. When you put a lot of these verses together like you would a jigsaw puzzle, the knowledge and messages come through loud and clear. God the Father is truly telling us exactly what is in store for all of us in the future so that we can all properly prepare to receive it.
I'll end this series of articles on this subject with one last thought:
Things are going to get bad, and I mean bad in the coming years! The Bible is telling us exactly what is going to happen and why it is going to happen.
But to each of you whose hands this series of
end times articles falls into - just remember one thing - God will win in the end - and the Millennium Kingdom and the New Heaven and New Earth will be our final reward for all of those who hold true to their faith in God and Jesus.
Keep your eyes on the final and glorious end with the New Heaven and New Earth - it will help keep you from any overwhelming fears that may beset you if we start to enter into these end time events.
Article written by Michael Bradley of Bible Knowledge Ministries. Their website is a resource of Bible commentary and teaching. They currently have over 100 Bible articles. All free of charge.