It's not necessary to go to church in order to get
saved and therefore go to heaven, but going to church
still has very important benefits that can help
improve your life and keep it in order.
Below are 13 reasons why we should attend church
services on a regular basis.
1. Because it is an act of obedience to God and it
honors the Lord's Day. Remember the Sabbath day, to
keep it holy (Ex. 20:8).
2. Because we need to belong to a community of faith
that includes our brothers and sisters in Christ who
are trying to live out the gospel just like we are.
3. Because we will benefit from being taught and led
in worship by others, rather than always depnding on
ourselves to read and study the bible.
4. Because we need regular reminders of our standing
in Christ, help in acknowledging and confessing our
sins, and teaching about God's truth.
5. Because we need help in praying, tithing and
6. Because we need help to face the issues of life and
faith as presented through the teachings of the Bible.
7. Because we need to hear how believers in the past
struggled, grew and lived out their faith from
8. Because we need to hear about the experiences of
other contemporary believers.
9. Because we need to hear reminders of God's love.
10. Because we need an alternative to the constant
messages of a culture that ignores God.
11. Because we need to experience artistic and
creative expressions of the faith, such as music,
praying, fasting and tithing.
12. Because believers need help to reflect on the past
week and see it as a small part of the journey of
13. Because we need a conscious break from work,
family problems, and self interests in order to
concentrate on the Lord.
In brief summary, the strategies and shcemes of the
devil are well thought out and proven to work better
than the marketing strategies of rich corporations
Therefore, we need other people we can count on to
help us make it threw tough times when they arise.
Our chances of finding people we can count on in
church are far better than finding someone we can
count on anywhere else in the world.
Plus, going up against these strategies with out
proper guidance will lead to unnecessary mistakes
being made on our part.
In conclusion, going to church while also doing our
own personal bible study at home on a regular basis
helps us to get confirmation of God's message and what
He wants us to do with our lives.
David Hopkins is a "Christian Article Writer" who
specializes in helping people remember to glorify
God in everything that they do, so they don't miss
out on any of His wonderful blessings.
Visit Daily Word Of God Group to read additional articles and to sign-up for a free newsletter to learn
everything you need to know about why you should
be putting God #1 in your life.